Manufacturing Associate, PM Shift (San Francisco)BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Associate to work for a leading Bay Area biotechnology company.
Perform basic molecular biology workflows in a highly automated, high-throughput environment; be responsible for the manufacture and analysis of a variety of custom gene based products and/or various intermediates according to established SOPs; and complete manufacturing batch records to contribute to the daily production schedule.
This a PM SHIFT. Hours are 7PM-7:30AM. Alternating 3 days per week, and 4 days per week. Schedules include 1 weekend day.
- Manufacture of high quality custom gene products in a high throughput manufacturing lab according to established SOPs.
- Operation of robotic laboratory equipment (Hamilton and similar systems) and traditional lab equipment (bioanalyzers, centrifuges, sealers, thermocyclers, spectrometers, HPLCs, NGS, etc.)
- Knowledge and use of traditional molecular biology processes and techniques
- Preparation of reagents and sub-assemblies for manufacturing processes
- Maintaining thorough, accurate and detailed documentation of all work produced in batch records, databases or other acceptable formats including problems and deviations
- Updating and writing work instructions and documentation
- Ability to work independently and in a safe manner
- Attention to details for process consistency
- Documentation, troubleshooting and addressing process deviations
- Packaging products
- Ability to work in an ISO, GMP, lean manufacturing environment
- BS or AS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field and min 1 year relevant laboratory experience; In lieu of degree, candidates with 4+ years of relevant laboratory experience will be considered
- Familiarity or prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good written and verbal skills
- Attention to detail
- Quick learner
- Good computer skills including experience with Excel and Word, Jira or similar web-based programs
- Team based laboratory environment.
- Working in controlled laboratory environment
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.