Lab Tech IV - Chemistry (Sacramento area)BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Lab Tech IV for our chemical manufacturing client located in Rancho Cordova (SACRAMENTO). This is a contract-to-hire opportunity.
Lab Tech IV - Chemistry
- Provide analytical chemistry support to multiple projects in accordance with company SOPs and protocols following GMP guidelines to support plant operations.
- Take out hazardous waste
- Re-stock the lab
- General lab cleaning and upkeep
- Review files
- Check solutions (HPLCs, fridges, etc.) for expired/improperly labeled solutions
- Utilize or train in analytical chemistry work including: HPLC, FTIR, NMR, Coulormetric KF, Titrimetric KF, LOD, Moisture analyzer, Densitometer, SMB HPLC
- Other Responsibilities may include cage inventory, Data Trending, Hole-punching/stapling forms
- Log-in samples
- Preparation of chemical reagents and standards used for the chemical analysis of samples.
- Performs special projects as assigned
- Test and analyze plant and R&D samples within the specified turn-a-round time
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related field
- Must be able to work any shift assigned after training. This may be either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift. Weekend days also possible on a routine basis
- Ability to multi-task and function well in a fast-paced environment; and work well with a team.
- Minimum 6 months-1 year of relevant experience. (Recent grads with strong relevant internships may be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of cGMP and FDA regulations a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary for a team-oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task is mandatory
- General lab instrument (HPLC, GC, FTIR, NMR and KF) knowledge and operation experience is preferred but not required
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft word and excel (used daily)
- Ability to function well in a team environment
- Ability to read and follow written instructions
- Due to chemical plant security reasons, candidates must either be US Citizens or hold US Permanent Resident work authorization.