Associate Chemist, Analytical Method Development (El Dorado Hills)
BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Associate Chemist to work for a leading Bay Area biotechnology company.
Associate Chemist, Analytical Method Development
We are currently looking for a Associate Chemist to work in Analytical Method Development with our growing chemical client located in El Dorado Hills. This is a contract position currently slated for 6 months. Extension may be possible, and conversion to regular/full-time may be possible! Excellent opportunity to grow and develop analytical skills in an industry position.
- Under relatively close supervision and following specific, detailed instructions, performs entry level professional chemist assignments.
- Conduct routine chemical analyses, routine syntheses, tests and experiments where procedures are well established and guidance is readily available.
- Performs a variety of routine chemistry tasks that are planned to provide experience and familiarization with the chemistry staff and programs, methods and practices of the organization.
- Completes laboratory notebook and write reports to document findings in approved format.
- May assign work to laboratory support personnel.
- May represent the analytical department during customer audits, teleconferences, and site visits.
- Master’s degree in chemistry or an appropriate science or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with 1-4 years of academic or industry experience.
- Experience with method development a big plus (academic or industry).
- Academic or industry experience with instrumentation which may include HPLC, GC, LCMS, water content analysis, metal analysis (wet, AA, ICP), and other additional laboratory instrumentation and techniques.
- Applicant must have strong technical skills in troubleshooting instrument issues and aiding in investigations for the Quality Control laboratory and plant operations.
- Due to chemical plant security, candidates must be either US Citizens or hold Permanent Resident status.