Research Associate, In Vivo
BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for an In Vivo RA to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
Research Associate, In Vivo
Interacts with the Bioengineering and In Vivo Groups within the Discovery Research Department to facilitate the development of novel, and improvement, of existing methods of in vivo gene electrotransfer (GET). Responsible for conducting a variety of experimental procedures using research animals, including syngeneic mouse tumor models. Coordinates longitudinal studies and In Vivo groups, and cross-over studies, as needed. Assists with maintenance of GEM (genetically engineered models) rodent colonies.
- Performs GET experiments with GEM and syngeneic mouse tumor models.
- Communicates with bioengineers and in vivo scientists on a regular basis to coordinate logistics of in vivo experiments.
- Assists with necropsy and tissue collection, processing and specimen analyses.
- Provides expertise in surgical procedures, such as perfusion administration of test articles, handling and tissue collection in animals
- Serves as an expert resource for rodent non-invasive imaging.
- Assists with training new personnel on a variety of in vivo procedures and modifying IACUC protocols.
- Trains employees in the maintenance of mouse colonies, including basic husbandry, breeding strategies, phenotyping or genotyping and documentation of these activities
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences related field or an equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience.
- 1 - 8 years’ experience in animal care and technology including:
- Experience in surgical procedures on rodents
- Experience with tissue collection and cell isolation techniques and subsequent analyses.
- Experience in animal husbandry
- High degree of motivation and scientific curiosity to learn new techniques
- Solution-oriented, proactive and positive attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task work assignments and intellectual dexterity to grasp new concepts/changing ideas
- Able to effectively share information and ideas within and outside of department in written or verbal form; able to put forth own ideas and gain understanding from others.
- Proficient at supporting effective interactions between team members and among cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule and coordinate project priorities and resources, and to produce high quality work.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing project goals and timelines
- Knowledgeable of ethical practices in animal husbandry.
- Ability to work well with third party vendors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook