BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for Southern California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Chemist I to work for a leading Greater Los Angeles Area Nutraceutical company.
- The level I Chemist will perform standard chemical and physical analysis of inner and outer nutritional products in the quality control lab using wet chemistry techniques and instrumental analyses.
- Performs qualitative and quantitative chemical and physical analysis of raw materials and finished products.
- Prepares standards and reagents; calibrates and operates sophisticated laboratory instrumentation such as HPLC, FTIR, UV- Visible spectrophotometer.
- Interprets test results and compares with determined standards and limits. Interprets and compares data and historical records and trend verification under general supervision
- Solves practical problems and carry out responsibilities under general supervision.
- Documents data in lab notebook and follow basic cGMP guidelines.
- Assists laboratory staff by training chemists and laboratory technicians as needed.
- Reviews product certificates of analysis for accuracy and conformance and maintain C of A files.
- Maintains a safe, clean and efficient laboratory.
- BS/BA in Life Sciences (Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry)
- 1+ year of industry experience
- Good knowledge of Chemistry techniques and instrumentation (HPLC, FTIR, UV-Vis)