Research Associate I/II/III - MicrodissectionBioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a RA I/II/III ( to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
Research Associate I/II/III - Microdissection
This position is responsible for contributing to the development of novel stem and primary cell therapies using cutting edge technologies in cell manipulation and genetic engineering. Familiarity with microscopy and microdissection techniques is preferred.
- Analysis of cells and organelles using bright field and fluorescent microscopy.
- Microdissection of 3D cell cultures and various other embryology-related techniques.
- Isolation and characterization of primary cells and stem cells.
- Contribute to the development of novel cellular differentiation processes.
- Responsible for timely documentation of laboratory work.
- Accurately perform calculations necessary for laboratory work and analysis of experimental results.
- Responsible for performing basic troubleshooting.
- Evaluate data and provide succinct and clear reports that can be shared and transferred to and from cross-functional teams; responsible for clear communication in both written and oral forms.
- Pay attention to detail, strictly adhere to safety protocols, and use knowledge of basic laboratory procedures to advance projects under rapidly shifting priorities and timelines.
- B.S. in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related fields; M.S. preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with B.S. or 0-2 years with M.S.
- Experience in microdissection.
- Proficient in cellular and molecular biology techniques
- Hands-on experience with microscopy, fluorescent assays, and related instrumentation.
- Strong writing and experimental documentation skills.
- Ability to understand and execute on the company’s mission and values.
- Maintain a high degree of ethical standard and trustworthiness.
- Ability to think and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Well organized and capable of clear communication through technology (i.e. Outlook, PowerPoint, and other programs used to create and distribute reports and key information).
- Effective organization and implementation of group projects.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.