Research Associate II/III - Protein/PeptideBioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a RA II/III to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
Research Associate II/III - Protein/Peptide
- Be a key member of a collaborative team supporting the development of a novel subcellular delivery system.
- Responsible for isolation and characterization of subcellular fractions and organelles.
- Responsible for protein/peptide design, isolation, and characterization ie. ELISA, Western Blots.
- Contribute to the development of novel cellular assays and high throughput screening.
- Responsible for timely documentation of laboratory work.
- Maintain knowledge of current cell biology literature.
- Accurately perform calculations necessary for laboratory work and analysis of experimental results.
- Responsible for performing basic troubleshooting.
- Evaluate data and provide succinct and clear reports that can be shared and transferred to and from cross-functional teams; responsible for clear communication in both written and oral forms.
- Attention to detail, strictly adhere to safety protocols, and use knowledge of basic laboratory procedures to advance projects under rapidly shifting priorities and timelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related fields; M.S. preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with B.S. or 0-2 years with M.S.; relevant industry experience preferred.
- Broad experience in mammalian cell culture techniques.
- Proficient in basic protein and molecular biology techniques.
- Hands-on experience with microscopy, fluorescent assays, and related instrumentation.
- Strong writing and experimental documentation skills.
- Experience using high-content, image-based software analysis systems is a plus.
- Maintain a high degree of ethical standard and trustworthiness.
- Ability to think and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Successful at communicating in both oral and written forms.
- Well organized and capable of clear communication through technology (i.e. Outlook, PowerPoint, and other programs used to create and distribute reports and key information).
- Effective organization and implementation of group projects.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Work well independently as well as in team setting.