Production AssociateBioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Production Associate to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
- Carry out laboratory activities in support of production schedules and objectives as directed by senior staff.
- Safely operate laboratory equipment in accordance with established practices.
- Perform routine equipment preventative maintenance as required.
- Promote and be responsible for laboratory safety and housekeeping.
- Obtain and stock laboratory supplies as directed.
- Maintain documentation and records in an accurate, timely and thorough manner.
- Become proficient in applicable computer software programs as needed.
- Simultaneously perform multiple tasks as required.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
- Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job.
- Work within a production-based gene synthesis and assembly pipeline as well as DNA sequencing pipelines.
- Perform basic DNA sequencing reactions.
- Coordinate laboratory activities with teammates and other scientists.
- Closely follow established standard operating procedures.
- Apply best practices in the development and execution of projects.
- Perform other duties & projects as assigned.
- BA/BS degree including laboratory work in a biology, chemistry or related field. Training in the operation of lab equipment and use of lab chemicals and tools.
- 1 - 5 years experience utilizing or manufacturing molecular biology tools in an industrial (Biotech/Pharma/Medical Device) environment. Experience in a production work environment strongly
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Hands-on experience within high-throughput genomic pipelines a plus.
- Experience operating automated laboratory equipment (e.g. QPix, Biomek, ABI 3730 XL DNA Sequencer, Next-Gen sequencing, etc.).
- Basic understanding of molecular biology techniques.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions, maintain accurate records and notes, and the ability to carry out assignments in a thorough, conscientious fashion.
- Conscious of safety requirements and applicable material handling methods (including universal precautions for handling potentially bio-hazardous materials.
- Work with semi-automated and/or automated equipment.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and ability to use MS Office and other manufacturing systems.