Research Associate II/III - EmbryologyBioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a RA II/III - Embryology to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
Research Associate II/III - Embryology
This position will be responsible for contributing to the development of novel stem and primary cell therapies using cutting edge technologies in cell manipulation and genetic engineering. This position requires extensive experience with cell culture and cell based assays. Familiarity with embryology, oocyte or transgenic mice embryo work is preferred. The Research Associate will be expected to complete scientific and technical tasks on aggressive timelines and to work as part of a team on varied tasks with changing priorities. Position requires excellent communication and presentation skills, a documented ability to troubleshoot technical issues, an ability to plan and carry out experiments independently, and to work with complex instrumentation and software.
- Be a key member of a collaborative team supporting the development of a novel cell therapy.
- Analysis of cells and organelles using bright field and fluorescent microscopy.
- Microdissection of 3D cell cultures and various other embryology-related techniques.
- Isolation and characterization of primary cells and stem cells.
- Contribute to the development of novel cellular differentiation processes.
- Responsible for timely documentation of laboratory work.
- Maintain knowledge of current cell biology literature.
- Accurately perform calculations necessary for laboratory work and analysis of experimental results.
- Responsible for performing basic troubleshooting.
- Evaluate data and provide succinct and clear reports that can be shared and transferred to and from cross-functional teams; responsible for clear communication in both written and oral forms.
- Attention to detail, strictly adhere to safety protocols, and use knowledge of basic laboratory procedures to advance projects under rapidly shifting priorities and timelines.
- B.S. or M.S. in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related fields;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with B.S. or 0-2 years with M.S.; relevant industry experience preferred.
- Proficient in cellular and molecular biology techniques
- Hands-on experience with embryology-related techniques preferred
- Strong writing and experimental documentation skills.
- Maintain a high degree of ethical standard and trustworthiness.
- Ability to think and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Successful at communicating in both oral and written forms.
- Well organized and capable of clear communication through technology (i.e. Outlook, PowerPoint, and other programs used to create and distribute reports and key information).
- Effective organization and implementation of group projects.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.